We thank you for sharing your story with us.
Some guidelines for Story Bank submissions:
- Pick one story that sits in the center of your chest. Got it? Chances are something will spring to mind almost immediately. Try not to overthink, and go with whatever your subconscious pinged you with. It’s often a sign that you’re ready to release that narrative, and move on in growth. (Remember, there is someone in the world that can and will benefit from your story.)
- For the first part, focus on telling the story with all five (or should we say, six) senses. Take us on the journey with you. We’ll all dive in together and hold your hand through it.
- Towards the end, it is always nice to get some insight on your learnings or feelings, in a type of post-story reflection.
- Required: 1-2 line bio about yourself that includes either your real name or author alias, your Asian affiliation (eg. lives in, is of xxxx descent, is married to, etc.), age (only if it seems pertinent to creating context for your story) and any other details you’d like to share (current city, occupation, hobbies, passions, etc.). Please also inform us if the names in the story have been altered for anonymity.
- You can make the story as long or short as you like
- The Story Bank editorial staff will make minor structural and grammatical edits where they deem fit
- Should you have some personally owned images that can help inspire the artwork for your Story Bank entry, please do share them with us!
For the purpose of focusing our content, we ask that contributors have ancestral, familial, or residential ties to any of the following countries:
Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Cyprus, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen